The days of executives being unattainable to their employees and, more importantly, to their customers, are well and truly over. In todays’ world of post lock-down communication, the role of the corporate executive is to be much more in the public eye. More and more top executives are turning to LinkedIn as a place to position themselves and their companies as world leaders in their industry.
Customers and employees all over the world expect the leaders of their companies to have a voice on LinkedIn. It is the norm, in 2022, for top executives to have a voice on LinkedIn showcasing their thought leadership and expertise.
Forming genuine relationships using communication and engagement can lead to an increase in employee engagement and retention as well as an increase in profits.
Prophet.com highlights the importance of this in their article ‘How Genuine Communication and Engagement in Social Media Helps Businesses Grow Relationships With Employees and Customers While Improving the Bottom Line’. You can read more here:
Prophet highlight that socially engaged companies are:
- 40% more likely to be perceived as more competitive
- 57% more likely to get increased sales leads
- 58% more likely to attract top talent
Executives at socially engaged companies are:
- 52% more likely to actively create, curate and share content
- 50% more likely to actively encourage employee use of professional social media
- 37% more likely to be active in building relationships using professional social media
What’s happening on LinkedIn in the corporate world?
LinkedIn’s figures as at February 2022 are pretty impressive:
- 90 million senior-level influencers
- 63 million decision makers
- 20 million jobs from 30 million companies
- 17 million opinion leaders
- 10 million C-level executives – a 20% increase since 2018
Whatever level of company leader you are, from an owner-manager to a high level C-suite executive in a multi-national corporate, if you don’t have an active presence on LinkedIn, you could be missing out on high quality hires, employee engagement and, of course, potential opportunities to increase your profit margins.
If you want to talk about how you can leverage LinkedIn for you and your company, please get in touch: [email protected]