With over 500 million people using LinkedIn in 2019 and around 100 million of those active every day (yes every day!), surely LinkedIn is a great place to hang out?
One fifth of regular LinkedIn users are senior executives and/or decision makers within companies. That makes for a fairly captive audience if those are the kind of people you need to get in front of.
Also, if Microsoft thought it was worth $26.2 billion in 2016, it must be worth exploring right?
Well, yes ….. and no.
Yes, LinkedIn could be great for you as long as:
- You’ve got a professional looking, up to date profile photo
- You have a clear, well designed profile header
- Your ‘about’ section is clear, has your contact details and is peppered with relevant keywords
- You regularly post interesting and relevant articles
- You often comment on other people’s posts adding value and showing your knowledge.
I hate to break it to you, but if you can’t tick ALL of the items on this list, you could well be better off not being on LinkedIn at all.
A bad LinkedIn profile is likely to be more damaging for you than having no presence at all. Treat your LinkedIn profile as your shop window and make sure it ‘sells’ you to the best of its abilities.
If you’re not sure how to go about getting a great LinkedIn profile or how to find, maintain and impress your connections, don’t panic! Sarah Clay to the rescue! I can help you get a great profile to get you started on LinkedIn.
Just fill in the form at the bottom of the page and I’ll get back to you super quick!